Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Blogging from word processors

Still trying to figure out what I like and don't like about these online word processing programs. One thing I thought I'd better try out was posting to this blog from them.

To make things easier, I posted the same thing - the exercise from our Word Basics class - from Zoho Writer, Writely and, for control, in Microsoft Word, and then post each result to this blog. The assignment is to type out the following "Dear Emily" note, make it Comic Sans, font size 16, blue, bold text. Then I added a picture at the end (or tried to in the case of Zoho Writer). Here's what I got when I used Zoho Writer and Writely to post directly to this blog; from Microsoft Word I used the built-in email feature to send it here, and I'm still waiting for it to arrive. (And I don't know why the picture from Writely isn't showing up here.)

From Zoho Writer
Dear Emily, Grab your swimsuit and sunglasses. We'll be off to the beach in the next few days. Take enough clothes to stay a while. This will be a long vacation. We'll be gone for several months. We're booked on a cruise ship headed for the Greek Isles! Don't forget the suntan lotion! Love, Mom


From Writely
Dear Emily,

Grab your swimsuit and sunglasses. We'll be off to the beach in the next few days. Take enough clothes to stay a while. This will be a long vacation. We'll be gone for several months. We're booked on a cruise ship headed for the Greek Isles!

Don't forget the suntan lotion!

Love,
Mom













I also printed this exercise out from each of the three applications; I plan to scan the print-outs and post them as well if I ever get the chance.


No comments:

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com - background image by Wagner Campelo