Thursday, July 19, 2007

Thing 28: Magazine Covers

Well, I think I stopped updating here along about Thing 26, Widgets. That's 'cause I was the guest discoverer on Explore ... Discover ... Play for the month of June, and didn't blog here about my own discoveries.

There was one June discovery, however, that wasn't mine, and that was Helene's wonderful Thing 28, magazine cover generators. What fun!

I can never find pictures of myself that look right for these things, so I played around with using Meez avatars to create some covers, and I was really pleased with how they turned out. They look quite natural, especially "on the cover of the Rolling Stone" which often uses illustrations.

As you can see, I got a little carried away with my "Ain't-your-granny's-blue-hair" librarian.

As frivolous as it seems, I could see tons of ways these magazine covers could be very useful. For one thing, patrons would love 'em! What a neat thing to do with the pictures from a scanning class! They'd also be good for creating promotional materials, although in that regard I'd be happier if I had a little more control over the text - as it is, you only control two lines, and I might not always want something about upcoming summer tours on my publicity piece.

No comments:

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com - background image by Wagner Campelo