Monday, July 30, 2007

Thing 31: Plaxo

You know, we've done an array of things in wildly varying categories as part of Learning 2.0 and Learning 2.1. Plaxo is my favorite, hands down.

I've played around with online to-do lists before, and even signed for a paid account at Backpack, but none of them has been nearly as useful to me as Plaxo. After less than one month, I rely on seeing all my calendar entries (even the supplementary calendars from my Google Calendar) on one screen now - in fact, I enabled Internet browsing on my cell phone last week so I can get to Plaxo there to schedule appointments, check shopping lists, etc. And on Friday, when I had three appointments to get to and a lot of errands to run in between, I used Plaxo on my mobile phone all day. (I'm late blogging about activity #31, but I did the rest of assignment some time ago. Before it was posted, actually, since Julia sits right beside me and gave me a bit of a heads up.)

There are still a few things in Backpack that I wish were part of Plaxo - the task/to-do section in Plaxo could do with some enhancement (I can't figure out how to edit a task once it's been added, for example), and I love the way Backpack lets me set up an individual page for anything I need to make lists or notes about, and save files and pictures on that same page. In other words, I'm still using my paid Backpack account, but not as much as I did, and I have completely abandoned the Backpack calendar function.

I just really wish the two could be more integrated, somehow. If I could access my Backpack pages from within Plaxo, maybe, or even if just the to-do list from one carried over to the other ... I might be able to do that somehow using RSS feeds, but I'd rather have a slightly more elegant solution.

But beggars can't be choosers, and I love Plaxo! Thanks for introducing me to it, Julia.

No comments:

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com - background image by Wagner Campelo